About the Paul Carrington Chapter
We are one of the largest and most active SAR chapters in the state of Texas. Our community involvement programs include: celebrating patriotic holidays; respecting past and present veterans and armed forces personnel; providing service to veterans; promoting respect for our national flag; recognizing Eagle Scouts; recognizing JROTC and ROTC cadets and midshipmen; recognizing the services of public safety personnel; recognizing citizens who have served the community; and offering scholarship contests for high school youth, Eagle Scouts, and JROTC / ROTC cadets and midshipmen. In addition, our chapter works with other civic-minded organizations such as the Children of the American Revolution, Daughters of the American Revolution, Boy Scouts of America, public schools, and many others.
- We work tirelessly to inspire the community with the principles on which our nation was founded. Our chapter’s color guard wear Revolutionary War uniforms and participate in civic and patriotic events and observances such as the Fourth of July, Veterans Day, Armed Forces Day, Flag Day, Patriots Day, Bill of Rights Day, Constitution Day, and important battles of the Revolutionary War.
- We strive to maintain and extend the institutions of American freedom.
- We work to carry out the promises expressed in the Preamble to the Constitution.
- We provide recognition for public service. Our chapter presents awards each year to law enforcement officers, firefighters, emergency medical services personnel, public safety officers, and other citizens who exemplify the best civic traditions of our nation. This includes young men and women who are leaders in our communities: high-ranking high school students of history, Eagle Scouts, JROTC and ROTC cadets and midshipmen.
- The Chapter strives to honor, respect, and support the sacrifices of our veterans, especially those confined to residential and hospital facilities provided by the Department of Veterans Affairs.
- We commemorate and provide memorials for the people and events of the American Revolution, as well as the City of Houston.
- We shall preserve records relating to the events leading up to and during the American Revolution.
- We support genealogical research and presentations (books, articles, and presentations) related to the history and people of the period from 1750 until 1800.
- We enthusiastically sponsor youth awards programs, including essay and oration contests for students, based on historical and patriotic themes.
- We inform the community about the events and philosophical bases of the American Revolution and the U.S. Constitution. Important events and persons of the Revolutionary period are portrayed for students and the public at large.
- We help people locate and evaluate genealogical records.
Paul Carrington Chapter No. 5, Texas Society, Sons of the American Revolution
1415 South Voss Ste 110-425 — Houston, TX 77057-1086
The Paul Carrington Chapter is a non-profit, non-partisan organization dedicated to promoting patriotism,
preserving American history, and supporting education for our future generations.
Copyright © 2023 Paul Carrington Chapter — Last Modified: Tuesday, January 23, 2024